Deepspace Negative Action(s)
Hello and greetings from the staff of Deepspace.org. You have come here for any number of reasons. Among them are the negative actions of not being able to connect to the Deepspace.org network or, after being connected, you were forcefully disconnected from the Deepspace.org network.
This document is meant to let you know some of the reasons for not being able to connect or being forcefully disconnected from Deepspace.org network.
After you have first verified that you have the correct address / hostname of the Deepspace server / network, then let's start with being unable to connect:
- Your IP or hostname address has been banned (either temporarily or permanently) from connecting to Deepspace.
- Someone using the same hostname / IP address as you are using has multiple times abused the privilege of connecting to Deepspace by using attack style (Ro)bots in an effort deny our users the opportunity of chatting.
- Your hostname / IP address has been determined to have an open proxy status as judged by http://www.blitzed.org/opm. This must be corrected by the person or organization having authority over the IP address / hostname. The open proxy staus is automatically detected for the Deepspace.org network. Deepspace.org staff cannot change this. More information on the open proxy status please go to http://opm.blitzed.org/info.
- Your nick@ IP or hostname address has been banned (either temporarily or permanently) from connecting to Deepspace.
- The nick you are using has sometime in the past shown themselves to be a harassment to the users of Deepspace.org network This is usually an intentional behavior that results in expulsion from Deepspace.org network.
- Your nick and or IP / hostname address has been forcefully removed (either temporarily or permanently) after you have connected to the Deepspace.org network.
- Either the nick in question or another nick using the same IP / hostname address has demonstrated he / she will not abide by the rules and regulations of Deepspace.org and constantly strives to harass or cause an unpleasant atmosphere for Deepspace.org users either in private chat or in the public channels.
- An attack/war type (Ro)bot has been used in an attempt to flood a channel and / or server and / or the network in a Denial of Service attack
- Your nick and or IP / hostname address has been forcefully removed (either temporarily or permanently) after you have connected to a channel on the Deepspace.org network.
- The channel founder or designated operators have the authority to kick and ban anyone from their channel(s) for any reason as they deem necessary. If you are kicked and / or banned from a channel, do not return unless you know it is okay to re-join. Frequent unauthorized entries to channel(s) in which you are not wanted can be a cause for a network wide ban.
Some websites of interest:
Open Proxy Servers